Below is a list of commonly used symbols on the gravestones of children:
- Butterflies: This is often a symbol that represents an early death or a life taken too soon.
- Lamb: This represents innocence or sinlessness.
- Birds with Wings (as if flying): This symbolizes the soul's flight to heaven.
- Angels: The idea behind this symbol is that an angel guides the soul to heaven.
- Urn or Vase: A symbol of an early death.
- Dove: This is a symbol that represents love, tenderness, peace, purity, and innocence.